Pages

Jul 17, 2012

Weighing the issues

I used to be fat. Not morbidly obese fat, but chunky monkey fat. I was always a thin kid but around 8th grade I started packing on pounds and by the time I was 19 I was large and in charge. Fast Forward 4 years and a couple weight watchers meetings and you'll find me at a MUCH smaller size. I wasnt the most attractive at this size either. My head looked too big for my body.
Then I got preggers with Nolan at 24 and now I'm about 5-8 lbs away from being where I need to be. Aka not with a big head and a little body, but a thin maintainable size.

My job is helping me reach this goal in an amazingly short amount of time. You see, our a/c is useless. Its 98 degrees and humid here. If the earth had an armpit, NC would be it this time of year. I run around sweating profusely, which I'm sure is extremely appetizing looking to our patrons, for about 4-5 hours a night 4 times a week. I literally was starting to feel sick by the end of my shifts b/c of the heat and sweat. (I know this is gross). So I decided to do a little experiment. I weighed myself right before my shift and then weighed right after. I lost 3 lbs in 4 hours. No wonder I was feeling sick!

So now I have a new game plan. It involves consuming copious amounts of ice water and our walk in freezer. By the time Summer's over that freezer will not only be the coldest place in NC, but the tidiest!






No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me i'm not the only one!