Pages

Jul 24, 2012

I don't appreciate your tone

I've been using my shouty voice a lot more than usual with the big one. I raise it up an octave when he tells me in a whisper "hush hush mommy" while I'm scooping bath toys out of the toilet. I know that I am very lucky, and have ah-mazing little boys. But man is it ever hard to get through the days with only inside voices.

Now that I'm out and about in the working world a few hours a week...I've noticed that my shouty voice has kind of carried over.  For example while waiting for my tables food to come out of the window:

(normal tone) "whats the time on my cheesesticks?" 

No response. Intentional back turn.

(Shouty voice/possible finger pointing) "Where are my cheesesticks? I've been watching you for 10 minutes mister and I know that you know I'm waiting on them!"

The difference is instead of a sweet little cherub looking back at me with an apologetic face, I get a sweaty guy telling me to "chill lady."

By far and away the worst habit I can't break in an adult setting is referring to the restroom as "the potty." Nothing ruins your street cred faster than telling your General Manager you need to go potty...



No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me i'm not the only one!