Pages

Nov 5, 2012

curious vs nosey


Colton is at that stage where he can't just accept that something is the way it is. Colton take a bath. Why? Colton eat your dinner. Why? Colton keep all hands feet and noggins in the wagon while it is in motion. But WHYYY? This I understand and it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that the kids not just curious he's nosey. He doesn't just want to know the facts, he wants juicy details on all the happenings so he can report them back to Nolan (no way that ones spilling any secrets...)

Today our neighbor across the street had a maintenance man of some type at their house. Colton, being the curious kid he is, wanted to know who he was and what he was doing? Oh and of course why his hair was gray, why his truck was white, if he has no teeth like Nolan (his new discovery of Nolans lack of teeth is very disconcerting)??? etc...I was busy feeding the baby and simply told him he was working and I wasn't sure about his age or favorite color. Which then lead to this...

(Colton opens front door and begins to yell at the top of his lungs) Hey worker man!!! Why you doin dat!?!?!? You gots Teef??? His voice was quite alarming as it rang throughout the neighborhood. I made it to the door just in time to catch the I bet you let him play with real hammers and nails in the street too look I've become oh so familiar with. Guess he'll be asking Santa for a monocular this year.

2 comments:

  1. I literally laughed loudly in my office while reading this one. "You gots teef?!". Whew. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nolan is concerned with his lack of teef also!

    ReplyDelete

tell me i'm not the only one!